SOS!SEN is committed to protecting your privacy and complying fully with legal requirements in processing your personal information.
We may collect personal information on the following:-
- Your name
- Your child’s name
- Your address
- Your child’s date of birth or age
- Your email address
- Your telephone number[s]
- Your household income
- Your ethnicity
- Your Local Authority details
- Your child’s school or other education placement
- Other information relating to your child’s disability, needs and history
- Other information relating to your child’s education
- Data you supply related to a financial donation or Direct Debit mandate
- For volunteers or potential volunteers, information on your employment history and experience relevant to the volunteer role in question
SOS!SEN will use this information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To carry out regular monitoring
- Research, including research into local authority and national performance
- To analyse our services and their demographic reach
- In relation to information supplied by volunteers or potential volunteers, to consider your application to be a volunteer, to send you training, legal and other materials required for that role, and to contact you generally in relation to that role
- To improve our services
- To assist with complaints and dispute resolution
- To keep you updated with developments in SOS!SEN
- To update you on the wider context of special educational needs and disability
- For fundraising purposes (e.g.as anonymous case studies)
- To comply with our legal obligations
- Administration purpose, e.g. processing a donation
- If you allow it, to further our charitable aims, including contacting you about our fundraising and campaigning activities
We will only collect personal data to serve a specific business, commercial or legal purpose and only gather the minimum amount needed.
We will not use your personal data for any purpose without your consent. If you no longer want to hear from us, please let us know by emailing
Monitoring and recording of communications
We may monitor or record any communication between you and SOS!SEN for quality control and training purposes.
SOS!SEN has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information, and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your or your children’s personal information for longer than is necessary.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites. SOS!SEN is not responsible for the data protection and privacy practices within any of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the data protection and privacy statements on other websites. This statement applies solely to our website.
Complaints about how we process your personal information
In the first instance, an individual should contact SOS!SEN. Complaints should be addressed to:
92 Central Road
Surrey KT4 8HU
This statement may change from time to time. You should therefore review it regularly.