You can’t get an EHCP for a child with dyslexia

Dyslexia is a special educational need and as such, may require specialist educational provision to be made to support the child or young person over and above what is available within the typical mainstream resources. This might include specialist teaching, a high level of support from a TA, or a specialist setting. Each case is an individual one. This would then require an EHCP. Dyslexia is also considered a disability under the Equality Act 2010 and therefore, depending on the scale of need, a school will be required to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that the child or or young person is not disadvantaged compared to his or her peers.