Assessment – if you want an OT assessment for a child’s sensory and motor needs, as part of the EHC needs assessment, you have to ask the GP as the LA does not commission OT assessments?

No. the LA is required to gather information and advice from relevant professionals about the child or young person’s needs. Para. 9.49 of the SEND Code of Practice 2014 sets out that it must gather medical information from health care professionals