What we do
SOS!SEN is a national charity aiming to empower parents and carers of children with SEN to tackle successfully themselves the difficulties they face when battling for their children’s rights.
We concentrate on helping people to find their way through the legal and bureaucratic maze that is so daunting to so many.
To empower parents and carers we provide a free and friendly service including:
- a telephone Helpline 5 days per week during term time
- monthly drop in advice centres in some areas during term time
- information sheets on many topics
We also offer small ‘hands-on’ one-day Workshops on such topics as:
- Appeals Against Contents of EHCP
- Writing Working Documents
- Contents of EHC Plans
- 16+ and 18+ Transfers
- Annual Reviews
- Enforcing SEN Provision
See our Workshops page for the programme of topics
These can be supplemented with 1:1 sessions. Under very exceptional circumstances we may take over a case and act as a representative.