What support could you give?
SOS!SEN is a charity whose work depends upon the dedication and enthusiasm of its volunteers.
Whilst we now have four days of administrative support per week, we are convinced that parents are empowered by all the understanding and knowledge that is best provided by volunteers who have experienced the problems first hand.
We would love you to join us and if you like what we do and aim to do, there are so many ways you can become part of the Team.
We recognise that everyone’s time is limited, but also know that by giving just a little time each week or month everyone can do something so very worthwhile and so many children and families really benefit.
How can you help?
Here are some ideas:-
- One half day per week or fortnight on the Helpline. Calls are diverted so they can be taken from your home and training is always provided.
- One half day per month helping at an advice centre.
- Accompanying another parent as a “friend” to a meeting with the local authority or the school.
- Acting as a kind helper to a family who really need just that extra little support and encouragement.
- A few hours each week or month doing some clerical work at our office.
- Volunteering some hours at our lovely charity shops in New Malden and Hampton Hill.
- Running an event for us – a coffee morning, a Bring and Buy sale, a quiz night, a sponsored walk/run/cycle ride. The photo here shows what one grateful supporter did!
- Helping with refreshments, registrations and preparations on the day at a range of workshops and social events.
Thank you to Bates Office for helping us settle into our new offices.
We are hugely grateful to Bates office for helping us settle into our new office opposite Hampton Court Train Station. This professional family run company can supply everything you need to run your office efficiently, with a combination of over 16,000 market-leading products from our A-Z catalogue and over 500 of the most popular products heavily discounted within the commercial price list they have the solutions for all your office and workplace requirements. Please go to their Facebook page and say thank you from us at "Bates Office" or see their website www.batesoffice.co.uk